Help your students discover their brightest performance potential
Focussing on individual genres, ACPA’s 10292NAT Certificate II in Applied Performing Arts is a companion program to the 10192NAT Certificate II in Performing Arts, and is designed for students to develop single-discipline-specific skills in dance, acting or music.
Like the 10192NAT Certificate II in Performing Arts, this nationally accredited qualification can be offered at ACPA in Brisbane, and in other urban, regional and rural areas by Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) or in partnership with ACPA through a 3rd-party arrangement. Depending on the nature of the delivery required, the course can be offered over one or two years.
This nine-unit foundation course of core and elective subjects teaches (depending on the genre studied):
- listening, music theory and vocal/instrumental skills
- health and fitness, physical conditioning, nutrition, and health and safety
- stage presence, vocal development, and common theatre conventions
- public speaking and presentation skills
- the historical, social and cultural significance of drama and theatre
- traditional cultural dance, modern fusion, hip hop, contemporary and ballet
Indigenous and non-Indigenous students are encouraged to participate.
For more information, please contact the Certificate II Program Coordinator Judith Barker on 07 3216 1490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.