Live your dream of becoming a performing arts professional.
ACPA is Australia’s only centre offering courses that incorporate all performing arts genres, including classes dedicated to Indigenous cultural fusion.
Our individualised learning framework has resulted in 90 percent of ACPA graduates securing full time or part time employment, or progressing to further education.
We welcome Indigenous and non-Indigenous students from all over Australia to learn from our global network of industry experts, and to develop your potential as an arts leader of the future.
Performance is the focus of all our training activities. With experienced directors and teachers, you’ll produce works for public presentation, including:
- An end-of-year show at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC)
- Corporate and community performances (with industry agents watching)
- A nationally televised performance at Suncorp Stadium for the NRL Indigenous All Stars game
Plus – ACPA students are invited to perform with such major companies, events and venues as:
- Brisbane Festival
- Brisbane Powerhouse
- Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts
- Queensland Theatre Company
- Opera Queensland
- Queensland Music Festival
Our students come from all backgrounds, and many from rural and remote communities. Sometimes these students find it difficult to adapt to ‘big city’ life.
Recognising that it’s important to look after our students’ mental health and emotional well-being, we offer culturally appropriate support with issues like:
- adapting to a different lifestyle
- meeting local community and elders
- managing money and dealing with Centrelink/AbStudy
- getting a job
- general, mental and sexual health
Because ACPA wants all students to succeed with every aspect of their training, we offer extra help with:
- Numeracy and language literacy
- Computer literacy
- Time management
- Employment preparation